City of Melbourne
Representing Local Residents. Ratepayers and Businesses Equally – Issues include:
STOP THE WAR ON CARS
- Review of Melbourne’s Bicycle network and improve traffic flow in the City. End Traffic Congestion by fixing LaTrobe Street and other cross city roads.
- Safer roads for (All) users including Pedestrians, Motorcyclists, disabled and the elderly Commuter Parking.
- Shared access to the Road Network.
Improved Pedestrian Safety, remove Bicycles from the Yarra Promenade
Better planning South Yarra, South Bank, Carlton, Parkville, East Melbourne, Docklands and the whole city. – Protecting our Heritage and Local
Save Queen Victoria Market:
- Trade 7 days a week.
- Car Park under existing Car Park (Open space above) –
End the rorts and junkets
- No free booze Bar.
- Limited Overseas travel
Replace Lord Mayor’s Limo with an electric vehicle. Inclusive Melbourne:
Melbourne Family Friendly:
Establish a Strategy Plan to increase activities to make Melbourne more family friendly.
Increased accountability and transparency. Reduce expenditure lower rates.
Review of Melbourne’s external boundaries and electoral system with the aim of establishing a Greater Melbourne City Council that incorporates City of Port Philip, The former City of Prahran and the City of Yarra with 21 Councillors (3 members x 7 wards) .
- improved local amenity.
- MetroRail Stations to include local shops and services.
Tunnel under Punt Road between the Yarra and Nepean Highway and grade separation along Hoddle Street.
- Save the Historic Number 8 South Yarra Tram –
Welcome to the 2012 Melbourne City Council Election – Unaligned Independent Candidate’s web site Please vote one below-the-line Anthony van der Craats How To Vote Unfortunately due to unfair and unjust limitations voters wishing to support Independent Candidates MUST vote … Continue reading